Administrative and Communications Associate
We have an exciting position open now! We are looking for our new Administrative and Communications Associate, who will be passionate about foreign policy and eager to contribute to team projects, communications, and administration. This is a hybrid position depending on programming activities. The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the day-to-day operations, organizing programs, and administrative tasks of the World Affairs Council which may include development logistics, organizing annual events, and assisting with exchange or education projects while communicating the organization’s mission, goals, and strategic direction. The individual in this position is to keep the global mission running smoothly and coordinate collaboration across the staff to best serve the community.
Job Title: Administrative and Communications Coordinator
Position Type: Full-time
Reports to: Executive Director
About the World Affairs Council of Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky:
The World Affairs Council, a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit, is the bridge that connects the
world to one of America’s most vibrant regions of individuals and organizations.
Through global education, international exchange and cultural awareness initiatives,
the council strengthens Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky’s international identity
and engages individuals with foreign affairs. Our mission is to ignite our
community's engagement in foreign affairs and its diverse cultures.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the day-to-day operations,
organizing programs, and administrative tasks of the World Affairs Council which
may include development logistics, organizing annual events, and assisting with
exchange or education projects while communicating the organization’s mission,
goals, and strategic direction. The individual in this position is to keep the global
mission running smoothly and coordinate collaboration across the staff to best serve
Summary of Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate the daily operations of the organization in collaboration with
leadership including keep accurate records in database, Network for Good
2. Help develop and implement policies and procedures for improved operations
such as facilitate the request for proposal process for exchanges (hotels etc).
3. Resolve issues with utilization of facilities and equipment
4. Assist with projects, monitor timelines for completion and communicate with
staff and vendors.
5. Works closely with team to assist with planning, implementation, and
production of all programs including committee meetings and logistics.
6. Manage inventory and ordering accuracy.
7. Assists in performing regular administrative duties in a timely and efficient
manner; including but not limited to maintaining annual calendar of all events
and programs, recording and tracking contracts and payments, writing
acknowledgement and thank you letters, assembling solicitation packets,
creating and updating donor/program related forms, research, executing
mass mailings, and education materials.
8. Carries out any additional assignments as required
Marketing and Communication
1. Help develop and execute email, marketing, and social media campaigns for
various programs and events, as well as membership.
2. Help develop collateral materials including graphics for external
communications, printed event materials (including but not limited to signage,
programs, nametags, etc.)
3. Keep organization’s website up-to-date
4. Coordinate the blog posts, social media posts, and articles across staff
5. Coordinate board meeting presentations
6. Attend committee meetings and keep minutes, schedules and timelines
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. 1 year or more of non-profit, event, or administrative experience required.
3. Proven track record of administrative work, event planning and/or marketing
4. Proficient with CRMs
5. Highly skilled in communication – both written and verbal
6. Highly skilled with people and data: negotiating, persuading, communicating,
analyzing, evaluating, reporting and synthesizing data
7. Demonstrate strong business acumen
8. Acts independently yet can work in a team environment
9. Highly organized
10.Strong computer skills
12.Worker traits – Critical behavioral traits:
5. Competitive spirit with a passion for success
6. High integrity
7. Self confidence
Salary Range: $30,000/year - $37,000/year plus benefits
The World Affairs Council of Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky values a
diverse and inclusive work environment where every team member matters. All
qualified applicants for this position will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.