The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati is seeking a full-time Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager functions as the Controller for Legal Aid’s subsidiary, Community Law Center Real Estate and an affiliated 501c3 organization, the Volunteer Lawyers for the Poor Foundation, and performs full charge bookkeeping tasks for government grants and other accounting functions as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati seeks a full-time Accounting Manager. Legal Aid is a non-profit law firm with two offices (downtown Cincinnati and downtown Hamilton). Together with our affiliate (Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC), we employ a staff of about 95, including 45 attorneys, 14 paralegals, and management, administrative, and support staff. Legal Aid provides civil legal aid services to low-income persons in seven southwest Ohio counties. Visit our website at www.lascinti.org for more information about Legal Aid.
This is an exempt, full-time position (40-hour work week), Monday through Friday, located in our downtown Cincinnati office. The Accounting Manager functions as the Controller for Legal Aid’s subsidiary, Community Law Center Real Estate and an affiliated 501c3 organization, the Volunteer Lawyers for the Poor Foundation, and performs full charge bookkeeping tasks for government grants and other accounting functions as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the overall accounting ledgers for Volunteer Lawyers for the Poor and Community Law Center Real Estate Company.
- Prepares monthly statistical reports as required in the VLP program and reconciliations within the LAS Case Management software.
- Prepares Monthly Financial Statements required by management and cash reports for the Board of Directors of The Volunteer Lawyers Project and CLC Real Estate Corporation. This includes participation in management team review of financials and projections of projection of cash flows and budget monitoring.
- Participates with management team on the preparation of annual budgets for VLP and CLC.
- Provides bank reconciliations for various Legal Aid Society, CLC, and VLP cash and investment accounts. Prepares roll forward reconciliations of account balances.
- Prepares monthly invoices for Legal Aid contracts as assigned by the CFO.
- Assures compliance with contract billing requirements.
- Prepares entry of payroll activity to the general ledger.
- Prepares deposits for all entities
- Approves invoices for payment in the absence of the controller.
- Degree in accounting
- 5+ years’ experience, including nonprofit or government accounting
- Proficiency with accounting software and Microsoft Office Excel
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary for this position is $75,000+ DOE. Legal Aid offers an excellent benefits package including contributions to pension, health insurance, and generous PTO.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email all of the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org and note “Account Manager” Hiring LAS048-22” in subject line.
- a cover letter explaining the reasons for your interest in the position,
- your resume, and
- names and telephone numbers for two work references. (Please do not send reference letters.)
Interviews will be arranged by Employer
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Legal Aid Society offers reasonable accommodations in the hiring and employment process. If you need assistance, you may request an accommodation.