211 Care Coordinator
The 211 Care Coordinator assists residents in connecting to social service support by assessing needs and making referrals within a network of partnering organizations.
The 211 Care Coordinator assists residents in connecting to social service support by assessing needs and making referrals within a network of partnering organizations. The Care Coordinator will provide a broad-based human services needs assessment; make referrals within the referral platform; collect and record appropriate data on referrals; and follow up to ensure referrals are utilized and complete. The Care Coordination function is flexible and responsive to changing community needs. As such, the Coordinator’s focus may change to meet new external and United Way opportunities, initiatives, and programs to support community members.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist community members by assessing needs in a compassionate method and providing referrals for immediate and intermediate needs through a network of key community partners. Referrals will be made primarily through a technology platform. The Care Coordinator is responsible for tracking when partners accept or decline referrals, when agencies contact residents, and when services are provided. The Care Coordinator will be a diligent advocate, connecting County residents with organizations to meet their needs.
- Collect and record data on types of referrals made, demographics of residents receiving care coordination, and agency responses to referrals for use in daily and weekly statistical and activity reports. Participate with the Director of Community Connections and members of the United Way staff to assess and improve Care Coordination program operations.
- A Bachelor's Degree in human service or related field desired.
- One year of work experience in human service field and previous experience in social service interviewing is desirable.
- Listening and communication skills and writing skills.
- Knowledge of community resources is preferred.
- Must be able to work closely with others and foster a workable, effective and productive relationship with other staff, administration, volunteers, agencies and community members.
- Call center office environment.
Salary starting at $21.50 per hour plus competitive benefits package.
Applicants should apply by Tuesday, November 15, 2022, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion